Thursday 7 May 2015

Perfume Part Four


In this shoot I was helping to assist some other students in the morning and then I had my own shared studio time on the afternoon. They had set up the studio with three lights, two softboxes; one on either side of the table and one behind the table bouncing light off the white background and through a diffuser screen.

Outcomes












These photographs show a bottle that I have borrowed from one of the girls I was assisting, the shoes are also hers; I combined them and the perfume because of the gold within them both. I am not sure about using the flower because I know it is not a flower that the perfume smells of.




















I tried some photographs without the flower in and I found that I prefer these photographs more. The photograph on the left was taken without a reflector and the one on the right was taken using a small white reflector from underneath the camera to bounce light onto the lid. I also moved the shoe because of the reflection that was showing and because the shoe blocked the detail on the writing on the bottle.




















These photographs I took just of the bottle on its own, I prefer the photo of the bottle without the lid on because I kept forgetting to rearrange the reflector and the detail in the lid was lost. I also like the minimalistic look to this photograph and I think it suits this bottle.





















I like the way the colour pops out in this bottle however I do not think I could use this bottle as a final because it is only half full and this would not be used as an advertising piece but it was good practice to be able to use this bottle. In the photograph on the right I want to change the reflection so that the writing reads the right way up however I do think that it would look right and could confuse many viewers. I like the petals in the photograph as they help tie in the flower.











I think that this flower matches the delicate "girly" nature of this perfume, the colours compliment each other however I think the flower looks a little like it is dying and if I was going to shoot again I would use a few of these flowers in a bunch. I prefer the photograph where the flower has a little of its stalk showing because then it is obvious that the flower is a flower.














The differences between these two photographs is that in the left photograph the flowers are real and in the right photograph the flowers come from a headband. I prefer the fake flowers as the colour matches better; also I do not think it is obvious at first look that they are fake. I do not like the positioning of the flowers in either of these photographs as I think they overcrowd the bottle.












The flowers in the right photograph look better because in the left photograph the writing on the bottle gets lost, to raise the bottle I have sat the bottle on a roll of masking tape that it sat behind the flowers out of sight. I also tried some shaken bottle photographs but because the bottle was difficult to stand on the tape it was difficult to shake and balance the bottle while the bubbles were still visible. I think I am going to develop the right photograph some more as one of my final photographs because this is one of my strongest photographs that I have taken so far.












In these photographs I added a string of beads to the bottle, I did this because the perfume is aimed towards females and the beads help add to the connotations of femininity. I prefer the photograph where the bottle is sat on the black material as it helps break the colour up. I also think the pink box does not look right as it is not a full box but it is the box that the perfume comes in, I used this box because the pink colour matches the bottle however I think it needs the black to highlight the bottle.











I thought I would expand the black material because of how it contrasts with the bottle however the writing on the bottle is not very visible so I move the black cloth up to provide more of a background for the bottle. In the photograph of the bottle on the right it appears as though the bottle is wearing a cape of the black material and I quickly realised that I would have to move the background up so that it covered the full background.










In these ones I have moved the black cloth so that it created a full black background, this looked instantly better than before however the photograph looked slightly empty so I combined both the bottles in the frame. I had to rearrange the bottles so that the lighting hit both the writing in the bottles, I also had to use reflectors to change the lighting on the pink bottle.












In these photographs I changed the angle on the camera to be able to take overhead shots. I think the shape of the air bubble in the pink bottle but I think the bubble in the red bottle is too large however. The backgrounds match the bottles very well, but I think I need a reflector in the red bottle because the details in the lid are slightly lost.











I tried using this bottle as well as the "Little Dress" bottles in an overhead shot. For this bottle I sat it inside a roll of masking tape so that it appeared as though it was standing up. It took a while for me to be able to angle the bottle so that the writing in the centre was visible. I then realised I would need to more reflectors than what I had to change the reflections in the lid. I am going to try continue with this bottle for my final as I think the outcome on the left is another of my strongest so far.



Set Up



No comments:

Post a Comment