Tuesday 5 May 2015

Perfume Part Three


In this shoot I shot a white background with the bottles of perfume placed on a sheet of glass with black card underneath, I changed to black card because this brings out more details in the reflections and it will be easier to remove the reflection if I decide it is too much later rather than trying to create one. The lights are aimed towards the background which is bouncing lights back into the bottle from behind, my friend was sharing the studio time with me and she was lighting glass and this a technique she found for lighting glass so I wanted to try it and see if it would be possible to use for perfumes.





















In these photographs I have photographed the bottle trying to show the writing in the centre because it is written on the glass. On the lid "Yves Saint Laurent" is written, I tried using reflectors to light this however to properly light this I will need to rearrange the lights so more light hits the side and the writing.





















I like this bottle and I am thinking of developing more ideas for this bottle to be one of my finals. But I do not think this lighting works for this bottle because of the dark pattern that shows through the glass. Also I still prefer the shaken bottle to the still one.










For these photographs I tried to combine both the perfumes from the "Little Dress" collection as these are the only two that I have from the same collection. I prefer the bottles with more space between them because when they are too close it appears too squished. To get both of them looking shaken I had an assistant shake one bottle while I shook the other and pressed the shutter.











Once again I tried using hands within my photographs, however I just didn't feel that it was working still so I did not develop this idea much further.












I had brought some props in that I thought would compliment this bottle as I am thinking of using this as a final. The beads are just a necklace that I found and thought matched the colour of the bottle.





















For these photographs I tried using Glycerine droplets to imitate a spray from the bottle; I sprayed the droplets onto a sheet of glass and I held it up infront of the bottle, But I think the droplets were too watered down to be able to stick to the glass as they ran down almost instantly. I tried again where I sprayed the glass while it was laid flat and waited for them to dry onto the glass, this still did not work though.











These photographs were taken using a snoot to light the bottle, In the second photograph there is a mirror behind the bottle because I was using it as a reflector and I thought that the reflection could look interesting. After talking to my tutor about these photographs he think that the bottle look to much like a christmas tree bauble and that I should try this again on a white background.


No comments:

Post a Comment