Thursday 26 March 2015

Montagers



In lecture today we were introduced to some artists who create digital montages:


Richard Prince

He uses public domain photographs to create his works, using selfies that people have uploaded to social media sites and then adds his own captions to them. I do not know if it has been staged or if he has actually taken peoples images. It would be easier and more morally right to stage the photographs as I feel too many people would object to having him recreate their photo's in the way he does.


Michael Wolf

He takes screenshots from google street view, his works has taken influence from paintings however he does not have total control over the outcome because he is using pre-existing photographs, while I think it is an interesting concept this is not my style of working and I would not want to work in this way.


Mari Mahr

She takes photographs of printed works but with an object placed in front. I think this is an intriguing concept and I would be able to use this style in commercial works but I do not want to use this idea for my montage.

No comments:

Post a Comment