Tuesday 12 May 2015

Perfume Final Shoot



This is the final shoot I have done for the perfumes. After looking through my final successful outcomes for this project I had narrowed down some that I was thinking creating a set from. I booked this final shoot so that I could improve on some of the minor flaws within the photographs. However while I was shooting I came up with a new idea for a series and I expanded this idea and shot the photographs in this shoot.


Outcomes












I had previously shot these photographs against a black background however he said that white would make this look stronger as the black made the bottle look like a Christmas bauble. I could not remember my lighting set up for the previous photograph so I used a softbox placed at the side to light this. I could not get rid of the blown out spots on the lid however. I decided I was going to come back to this photograph later however while shooting later on I changed my idea for my final three.




















In this set up I tried to play more with the coloured shadows that appear from this bottle. I could not get them as visible as I had hoped for though, there was also the problem of not being able to get rid of the softbox reflection while still being able to light the bottle properly.










From a previous shoot I had already decided that this composition was going to be one of my finals, I wanted to expand on the composition more to see if I could improve it. I tried the photograph on both sides of the frame however to me the photograph on the left appears peculiar I think this is because our eyes are trained to read from left to right and in this photograph the main focus is on the right.










With this bottle I used a material that is the same colour as the bottle to highlight the colour, it reminded me and my friend of water which is why in the second photograph I have added glycerine to the bottle, at first I added glycerine to the whole bottle including the clear lid however I also tried photographing it without the lid and then with a cleaned lid so I had the options there and I preferred the photograph with the clean lid. The small blue corner comes from how I have moved the scarf around behind the bottle and I am going to take this out for my final outcome. I have also left in two softbox reflections on the sides to help add definition to the bottle and also separates the bottle from the material.










I wanted to use this bottle in my final series because of the sparkle details that can be seen in the bottle. I set this up similar to the previous two bottles so that it would fit with the series, I then set about trying to be able to light both the writing on the glass centre and the writing on the lid with reflectors.










In these two photographs I have added coloured beads so that the photograph has some colour element. I started with the gold beads because of the colour of the writing on the lid, however this overpowered the bottle so I changed and used a more toned down colour of an off white set of beads. With the bottle in this position I had to build a makeshift reflector tent around the bottle as I was the only one in the studio so I could not hold three reflectors and fire the camera all at once (I decided in this moment that capture one should make an option for a "fire camera" voice command).


Set Up


This is the makeshift reflector tent that I built up around the bottle of perfume.





No comments:

Post a Comment