Wednesday 2 April 2014

Meeting Ian Macdonald


Ian Macdonald gave our course a small preview of some of his prints and this was helpful to me because I had not seen many actual prints (that have not been done by me or on a wall in an exhibition) and seeing the amount of detail possible in them was inspiring.

He also showed us the affect the type of paper has on the overall look of the image, some papers are warm and some are colder, he also showed us glossy and matt prints and personally I prefer the matt as there is less light reflections covering some of the image.

The amount of care and detail that goes into every print is amazing as I had not realised how much it takes for prints to be completed, fixing little speckle marks that have appeared on the paper is not something I have ever thought about doing but it made me realise that even experienced film photographers get dust and little scratches on their negatives and it made me less worried about the prints not being perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment