Friday 21 November 2014

Possible Ideas - Black and White




For the black and white photographs the brief says :

"produce prints in the black and white darkroom made from 5x4 negatives that explore shallow, mid and long depth of field portraits of strangers in a public place. "

I am going to take the camera into Church Square as this is easy for me to access both interesting backgrounds and a wide variety of strangers as people pass through here. People of all ages and occupations (such as college students to the retired gentlemen heading to Wetherspoons).

I do not want to do environmental portraits but photograph mid body as this shows the way the person is representing them-self and the detail in their face and still keeps some details in the background.

I am possibly going to photograph groups of people or couples as this adds more information about the person as it shows who they choose to hang around with. This will also challenge me as I have not photographed groups before and I think models will be more willing to model if they can be with their friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment