Monday 3 November 2014

Shoot Five


These images I have taken some more of my family because I was not happy with the amount of grain in the image because I had the ISO on around 3200 because any lower and the image was not exposing correctly. To correct this I shot earlier in the night when there was more light available and I also turned my camera from Manual to AV (I have been shooting in full manual for so long I have forgotten that I have other available options - whoops!) this meant I was not worrying so much about trying to work out the shutter speed as the lighting changed and I moved around the living room.

I have also asked my neighbor to model for me so that I can show a wider range of ages.

In the first five images I have asked my cousin to pose with my phone showing a selfie of him, although keeping a three year old still long enough to manually focus on the phone was hard I like the images of him looking through the photo album on the phone as it shows that even at three he can understand the mobile phone enough to be able to look through photographs to find himself.

I included the photograph of just the phone by itself because I liked how the shallow depth of field draws the viewer and in because there is no sign of the person in the photograph or of the owner of the phone.

The last two images are more of the people posing with the phones, in one image the model did not want to be photographed as they were but they had a "pre-approved" image that was taken previously before a date night. I think that this speaks more about how lost we are because the model wanted to completely change the perception of her by using a different selfie and not show people her everyday look, I think it shows just how much people edit their lives down for the online world because they do not look "perfect" everyday.










No comments:

Post a Comment