Tuesday 25 February 2014

Duane Michals



Michels has created many sequences and I think his work is going to be a great influence on creating and arranging my sequence.

Things are Queer


I like this sequence of images as it creates a full circle and makes me stop and think about them. This series creates a continuous sequence that could continue forever and I like the idea of creating a loop, I could do this by showing age progression as everybody grows old but I could make the loop continue because of having children and them growing older.


A Dream of Flowers
In this sequence the man is shown to be sleeping and the flowers are appearing around him, I think this means the man is at peace with himself and because flowers remind me of summer it makes me think that he is dreaming of summer and relaxing. I could create a series in this style however show all of the different seasons and how people change over the year.

Paradise
In this sequence the young couple start out at work but as the sequence is taking them back to nature. I think it is too remind people not to focus only on working and the mundane but take some time to themselves and relax away from work and enjoy the beauty of nature.

The bogeyman
 This sequence shows a young child reading and it shows her fear of something being in the shadow of the coat. It shows a fear that many people have and how many people go and check the shadows, however the sequence continues to show the fear that the girl had was for a reason as the monster in the shadows was real.

I think it would be a good idea to show peoples fears and how everybody has different ways of coping with them. It would also be good to show people in different situations both working and relaxing and how there is differences between them.


No comments:

Post a Comment