Tuesday 18 February 2014

Idea Generation


When I first started thinking of the brief ( North East Stories) what comes to mind is local landmarks such as the transporter bridge and the bottle of notes, however those are very cliche and over done (in my opinion) plus I don't enjoy that type of photography.

There are lots of different ways I could show the North East, the people... the places... the history.

I thought about different urban legends such as Bloody Mary, The Candyman and others I heard in primary school, I then asked my friends if they knew anymore and found The Lambton Worm and the story of Carmen Winstead. Her story reminded me of the chain mail emails I used to get, which in turn reminded me of the project SPAM by Cristina De Middel (Link Here) Middel takes the junk emails she receives and creates a photograph with that theme.

I also thought about showing my emotions and how I come across to my friends to how I'm actually feeling. I could use mirrors and reflections to show this (hopefully with some crafty Photoshop techniques mixed in). But I'm not very comfortable with photographing myself so I don't think this idea would work.

What about my family? We've all lived in the North East for years, so I got to thinking what can I use to show us and I thought about using objects that represent us, but I couldn't see how it would tell a story to anybody, so I thought what about hands, we all have them but use them for different things. I decided I was going to use hands to show the differences between generations.








No comments:

Post a Comment