Tuesday 25 February 2014

Second Section -Test Shoot Contact Sheet


For my second section of the brief I am thinking of creating a series of images that raise awareness of Child Cruelty. However I do not want to force a model to cry so I am going to find ways of showing no model or no face in the images, I feel if I do use a model then including the face will personalise it to specifically the model however without knowing the models face the viewer fills in the blanks with an  image of somebody they know and it creates a deeper connection between them and the photograph.

These are the photographs that I feel work :




My sister agreed to model for me, so I asked her to hide in my wardrobe but with her hand holding the door, this was to be showing the child feels the need to hide so that they are safe. She is also shown posed as though she is crying, she is backed into the corner and this is to show she has nowhere to go.
The teddy bear is to show the child's security comfort but it has been left behind as though the child has been caught hiding or that the child's innocence and childhood is being taken away.

I am planning on reshooting these images because I have redecorated my room and now there is more space for different camera angles and positions. I am also wanting to use a younger model instead as my sister is a teenager and does not look child like.

No comments:

Post a Comment