Friday 21 March 2014

Introduction to the camera


Tuesday

So this week we have been shown how to set up both the field and monorail 5x4 cameras, at first during the introduction I was quite confused by the amount of dials and levers that needed to be sorted and arranged before even attaching a lens and inserting the film.

For this demonstration we loaded one film into the double dark slide using a light tent bag and then we went outside to find an interesting Landscape to photograph.

Using the field camera me and a partner saw an interesting landscape over by the train station so we went and set up the camera and took a light metering and set the aperture and f-stop on the lens. Then I checked the focus and closed the lens so I could insert my dark slide and remove the cover so I could expose the film.

I also found this website online which goes into detail about how to load a double dark slide.

Wednesday

Today the film sheet is being developed and I am going to be creating a contact sheet and an enlargement as long as I have not gone wrong somewhere and not exposed an image.

I'm feeling quite nervous about finding out if everything went right or not.

Thursday

Well I got my photograph back, and it had failed, from what I can work out I've has light leak onto the film from somewhere however I am unsure where from.

No comments:

Post a Comment