Tuesday 18 March 2014

Landscape Photography



So in this project I am using a 5x4 film camera to shoot landscape's in and around Hartlepool.

In the brief it says that we are going to "use photography to survey the prosaic nature of the here and now"

The definition of prosaic is :
Having or using the style or diction of prose as opposed to poetry; lacking imaginativeness or originality
However I am not taking this as having to photograph 'boring' landscapes I am taking this as to mean that we don't have to follow the stereotypical landscape photography and we don't just have to photograph picturesque fields and sunsets and we can use urban landscapes and settings.

While having a conversation with a friend about not enjoying photographing landscapes he said "so turn them on their side and make them portraits" which gave me a good idea to shoot in portrait orientation instead of landscape.

I do not want to focus on wide angle views and I am thinking I may look at objects within the landscapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment