Wednesday 7 January 2015

Printing B+W


9.5"*12"

For the 9.5"*12 image I set up the De Vere enlarger in the darkroom as the other machines do not have negative carriers that hold 5*4 negatives as they are smaller machines. I set the board to 7.5*10 so that this would give me an image that size with a border of 1.5*1, I had a bigger border on the bottom as this lifts the image up in the page and it does not appear to be falling off the paper.

I chose the images that I did because I feel they show interesting characters and shows the emotions in their faces, two models appear calm and relaxed in front of the camera (these models had something there to help them feel more relaxed - a friend who is off camera, and a cigarette) whereas the third it is not fully comfortable in front of the camera but is being polite and helpful by allowing my photographing of him. I think these images are the better photographs that I have taken as the details in the faces and the technical aspects (focus) are more pronounced in these images.


20"*24"

For this print I have blown up a copy of one of my three 9.5*12 prints to 20*24, this is because the image is my favourite from all of the photographs I took and because the background had different lighting (I shot in the shade, the church in the background was under direct sunlight) it gets blown out and it appears there is little background as though it is a studio image, I think this makes the subject stand out more as there is only him to look at within the frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment