Friday 23 January 2015

Scanning (eurrghhh)


Using The Scanner

As I have never used this scanner before I was nervous about loading it up for the first time incase I was the one who would break it. I knew from watching other people the frame size for the colour negatives is 60x60x3 as the other sizes the frame would get taken into the machine and be taken past the rollers and not be able to come back out.

How To Use It

I changed the frame size to 60x60x3 for the roll of colour film I was scanning, I also changed the type to "Negative RGB Standard" so that when it scans it knows what it is scanning. I put the film into the frame and blew the dust of (with a blower) so that none of the dust comes up in the scan, I then clicked to create a preview of the film so that I could start correcting the colours and make them look less negative-y (hmm ok thats not a word, but you know what I mean)

Colour Correcting

To correct the colours I selected the area of the negative and firstly pressed the Auto button so that this gave me a general view of how the negative should look. Then I loaded up the other colour correction option boxes and started to experiment with that they did as I did not have a clue what difference they would all make. I think that the colours that I scanned in at represent the person and the light that I shot under.

It Went Wrong

Between changing the rolls of film I was scanning something went wrong and when I clicked preview it took the roll half way into the machine then came up with a message that "the holder is not recognised" and would not return the negatives out so I could change the positioning of the framing. I then panicked slightly and went to find the technician who only turned it off then on again; but at least I know how to fix it incase it happens again.

Teaching Others

While I was scanning a few people came up too me and asked if I could help with their scanning as they had never done it and wanted me to teach them. I told them I would try my best as I did know everything about the software. People managed to scan them with my help though and nothing went wrong with them (as far as I know).



Screenshot's Of The Settings








No comments:

Post a Comment