Thursday 29 January 2015

Shooting Colour - Half faces



How I Did It

For these two different shoots I have photographed in the same style, I have taken three images of the person; a full face and then the two different halves of their face. I have done this because I am not sure how I will be able to print the two halves in the darkroom, I may be using a sheet of card with two squares cut out to allow the light to shine through on it or I may talk to the technician to get it printed on the digital enlarger so that I can create the layout digitally from scans of my negatives.

I set the camera up on the tripod and asked the model to sit down so they were comfortable to sit for a while, then I aimed the camera for half the face; I tried to include more than half the face so this would give me movable room in the darkroom if I needed to rearrange the framing. I also thought that putting them next to each other may look strange so I wanted them out of line with each other and having the middle of the face in the frames would give me this.

Shoot Two





Shoot Three


No comments:

Post a Comment