Friday 30 January 2015

Printing Colour


Looking Around The Darkroom:



This is a photograph showing the view that you can see while working inside the darkroom. It is hard at first to get used the lack of light and the constant in and out into the light to check prints and test strips.

What I Think Of The Darkroom

The first time I went in I thought I was going to really struggle with using this darkroom as I could barely manage to find the booth that I was sharing with my friend, so she helped guide me around the room and setting the paper up for contact sheeting was confusing me as I did not always get it straight in line. But the next time we went in we got more of it right and I started to become more comfortable with printing contact sheets, so I went and collected some more equipment from the technicians and set up my own enlarger so that I could print on my own. I really enjoyed the printing and I got into it once I was comfortable with the room and the process, I surprised myself at how easy it was now compared to the first time printing once I stopped and realised what I was doing.

Issues

First getting shown around the darkroom the first thing to note was that it was a lot smaller than the black and white darkroom, this meant there is less available machines so getting time to use the machines could have been a problem, this was resolved by the fact the photography store did not have enough paper boxes to give everybody a box so the people who did manage to get paper were able to print before there was a mad rush to the machines, another factor that helped calm the mad rush was the timing of a week long trip that meant some of the course was abroad so there was less people wanting equipment out.


Using The Machines


This is one of the machines that is in the colour darkroom, this particular machine is outside in the print viewing room and is not set up but it shows the machine.

Inside the darkroom is both LPL machines and Devere machines, I have been using the LPL machines as I have mapped out the room to and from the side they are on.

Filters



When starting printing make sure the filters are first of all switched on and then set them to 0 Cyan, 50 Magenta and 50 Yellow.

After looking at your print then decide if there is a colour cast on them and change the filters accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment