Friday 10 October 2014

Food Photography


Food Photography
Pro Secrets for Styling, Lighting & Shooting
Author: Lara Ferroni
Publisher: Pixiq (6 Mar 2012)



Front Cover

These images are shots from inside the book, I read the book just before I set up my shoot so that the information I took was still fresh in my mind, I think the book has helped me in setting up my work because the styling tips include information about colours and depth of field that I would not have thought about otherwise.

Colours have connotations that people associate with different memories and emotions, I have used a red and white tablecloth because many people see this as a stereotypical breakfast tablecloth.

The angle on which the photograph has been taken will also affect how the viewer see's the image, the different angles are used at different times as some are more effective at advertising and some are used for overall presentations, a photograph taken from the point of view the diner would see the food makes it more appetizing as it appears as though it is directly in front of the person.

Depth of field also helps direct the persons gaze to a specific area of the photograph which s useful because I can direct them straight to the keys in the bowl rather than letting them try and find my focus point from the whole image.








(all images in this post are views of the pages within the book)


No comments:

Post a Comment