Monday 20 October 2014

Shoot Two (Pre- shoot Ideas)


I am going to show people holding their mobile phones to show how we depend on them and how common it is to see somebody holding their phone.

There are different phones being marketed at different people and companies are mainly aiming their products at younger generations because there is more profit to be made.

I want to look at how people use their phones for example taking pictures of themselves, many peoples camera albums, is full of images of themselves and/or friends so that they can look back and remember what was happening when the photograph was taken. Many of these images are posted to online social media sites and shared with other friends.

This can sometimes spark arguments as a friend may upload a photograph that you think you look "ugly" in. I want to get to know peoples perspective on how they look and I would like them to take a self portrait that they like and would share online.

In this photo-shoot I think I am going to show the model holding their phone in front of their face, with a "selfie" on the screen of the phone, I want to use a very shallow depth of field (I'm thinking around f1.4) so that the model is out of focus and only the phone is in focus. I am thinking about doing this because many peoples lives have become dominated by social media, people taking photos for the sole purpose of posting online to make their lives seem interesting and so they feel included and liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment