Tuesday 17 February 2015

Just Chilling



So this weekend I have set up my home made studio space in the kitchen again and photographed some cans of coke against my white tablecloth using a remotely triggered flash gun.

I was photographing a closed can that was still full however I did not feel it was working and I thought that maybe an open can would be more appealing so I opened the can and instantly it looked better.

Then I wanted to play with creating a sense of the chilled sensation you get when having hold of a cold can. I had bought some Glycerine after the tutor told us about the way it was used to create the droplets so I decided to try and create my own droplets. I mixed the Glycerine and water in a spritzer bottle and tried it out, the droplets were a little too runny however I added some more Glycerine to the mixture and this worked better so I kept adding until they stayed in the same place they landed. Then I cleaned the can so that there was no running water marks down the sides and resprayed with the new sticky droplets.


The droplets were so effective in making the can look cold that I expected the can to be cold when I picked it up myself, even though I had known it was room temperature from the beginning of the shoot.



My Outcomes:





No comments:

Post a Comment