Thursday 19 February 2015

Product Workshop


In this workshop I had to work with another group to produce each of the items on the brief :

- A white golf ball against a white background
- A Package shot
- A creative advertisement for Jelly Babies

In our workshop allocated time we only managed the first two because we were struggling to light the golf ball and not get any blown out highlights while still retaining a well lit photograph. For our golf ball we lit overhead from behind with a soft box and used white reflectors to bounce light back up into the bottom of the ball.

We also had to work on a packaging shot, my group had the Oakcakes packaging; we found quite a few problems while photographing this because the top of the box would not shut properly and kept lifting, we tried to fix this with masking tape however this did not completely solve the problem. Another problem was the shadows cast from the box made some of the text hard to read, we managed to fix this with reflectors and changing the lights around eventually.

We also tried to create some styled shots (ones that also included the oat cakes as well as the box) I prefer these as an overall photograph although I know the purpose of the packaging shots would be so it could appear in food catalogs it does not need to be a visually pleasing photograph as long as it fulfils its purpose of showing off the product.

Unfortunately I do not have these photographs to show as while I thought I had copied the Capture One session onto my hard drive I had not and the technicians have cleared the computers memory so I can not recover it.


No comments:

Post a Comment