Wednesday 18 February 2015

Products And More Products


Me and my friend were in the studio shooting some products against a white background, during the shoot I photographed some CD's because I wanted to see if I could manage to photograph them without any glares or reflections. That was easier than I thought because of our set up there was no glare on any of the CD's and the only thing I had to change was the position of the CD because the reflection of the glass it was stood on created a line through the middle of the front cover.

We also photographed a box of eclairs as both just a packaging shot and also in a styled advertisement shot with some of the eclairs visible as though they have spilled out of the box. I like these shots because the eclairs and the angle of the box invite the viewer in to the image and creates a desire to have some for yourself which is how an advert works. We had trouble being able to angle the reflector to bounce light into the back of the box so that all the text was visible.

I also tried to light some Fanta bottles although this did not turn out very well because I was not familiar with shooting clear objects and the lighting needed for that (or in other words because I just didn't know what I was doing.) I tried out backlighting the bottles so that the colour shone through however this blew out the edges of the bottle at the top where there was no Fanta to show the edges.  I will have to revisit these bottles later on.



My Outcomes:











No comments:

Post a Comment