Thursday 5 February 2015

Studio Strawberrys


This is a shoot I have done in the studio using a torch to try and play with some light painting that I found online (see previous posts) I wanted to create a red trail of light around the strawberry however this was quite unsuccessful. I lit these photographs with a torch light as I wanted to use it to highlight only certain parts of the strawberries.

What I managed to achieve was creating some macro shots of the strawberries with the focus on the details in the seeds and I also experimented with some styling as I included strawberry flavoured sweets and cupcake wrappers.

I think the cupcake wrapper shot looks too abstract to be used as a final because at first glance it is not possible to understand what it is this was pointed out to me in the crit that we had where I showed my  strawberry shots off.

Another few comments were made about being careful when using a shallow depth of field as I had placed the focus in slightly the wrong area that it should have been (more in the middle of the frame than the foreground)



My Outcomes

These are some of my outcomes for this shoot:


This photograph uses extreme macro to get up close and personal with the strawberry's seeds:


I then placed the strawberry into a cake wrapper to signify strawberry flavoured cake:



With this photograph I have taken more care to style the strawberries using a variety of props such as doilies, sweets, wooden frames and a chopping board. I like the effect of the bokeh effect in the first image however the exposure is incorrect. I think the most successful of this shoot was the final image because of the styling and the correct exposure, unlike the others this photograph was taken with a studio flash rather than the torch light I used for the others.







No comments:

Post a Comment