Friday 4 October 2013

Inspirations


OK I realized that I had posted my ideas for my first shoot without posting any photographs that I had found and inspired me.

So here are some of them now. (better late than never I guess) 



Alexey Titarenko


Untitled, photo by Alexey Titarenko, 2006

His work uses mainly buildings as the main subject rather than people, I'd like to create photographs similar to his because I like how the focus is on the actual street and he isn't following the typical street photography style of photographing people.  The viewers eye is easily led up through the street because of the perspective and the photograph has been composed as though the viewer is stood on a balcony looking out at the street them self.



Darren O'Brien 


Darren O'Brien


I found his website through his name being mentioned in another blog, a couple of his photographs feature workmen, this gave me the realisation that right outside my bedroom window there are workmen who are building the street infront of me so I took my camera outside and shot them while they were working (or rather while they looked like they were working because they dont do much work in my opinion) 


Jeff Overs

San Francisco, downtown

This photograph shows the separation of people in their own houses and the general society. Along streets people know their own neighbours but travel just one street further than that and they could know nothing about the inhabitants there. We all live together but we are all separately living (and thats my quote, no stealing!)




No comments:

Post a Comment