Wednesday 16 October 2013

Preparing for the Crit


So today we are having a group Crit of the work we have done so far. Crits in the past have made me nervous because in college we had to sit at the front of everybody and show off all of our work including artist research and how we developed our shoots rather than showing just the finished work, which is what we are doing in Uni, I prefer only showing finished prints because I know they are a good standard and I am proud to show them off (even if I do have a tendency to think to negatively about my own work even if I know it is good)

I think I am also less nervous about this crit because while I have been doing the developing process people have seen my work and I have received a few compliments already.

*Update*

The Crit went well, I received many positive comments about my work which I am very happy with, and the main negative comments were that a few of my prints were out of focus, which wasn't my eye the lens in the Enlarger had broken so one half of the prints was slightly out of focus but this can be fixed by a simple re printing. 

I also had a comment given to me about where and how I can take my next shoot which is a great idea so I've planned that for this weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment