Friday 4 October 2013

Planning a second shoot

These are some of the artists I have found while still researching artists to inspire me.


Derek Langley


Hampstead Ponds, London

I like Langley's use of reflections in this photograph and I cant wait to try it for myself in my next shoot (which will probably be this weekend when my new film camera arrives). 


Josef Koudelka



OLOMOUC. 1968. Czechoslovakia. Carnival
Looking through some of his work I was instantly drawn to this photograph. I think the way the boy has been portrayed as being angelic is what drew me in because I was not expecting it compared to the other photographs in the Exiles series.




CZECHOSLOVAKIA. 1968. Prague. Invasion of Warsaw Pact troops in front of the Radio Headquarters.

In this photograph the main focus is the man's hand and then watch he is wearing, I like how no face has been included in this photograph as it would draw attention away from the simple act. It also generalises the photograph to everybody in Czechoslovakia at that time rather than recording one persons own experience. I can take this style of photography and create my own work shooting the simple acts that everybody does even without realising.

No comments:

Post a Comment