Wednesday 8 January 2014

Hasselblad camera


For this project we are using the Hasselblad camera with a Phase One digital back, I'm looking forward to getting to use this camera as it is new to me.





Because we were using the Digital back we were shown how to remove the film back and replace it with the digital back:

Attach the back from the bottom using the two clips then push in the top till it clicks 
Remove by sliding the release catch at the top of the back then gently pull away at the top to remove the bottom clips


At first I struggled with setting up the camera as I was wary about breaking it, but once I realised that it could not be broken as easily as I thought then I got used to setting it up and swapping the backs, I also set up the connecting wires between the lens and the digital back and the wire between the back and the computer so that all of the images I took were transferred into my Capture One session not forgetting the sync cable required between the back and the flash (the connection was a little loose and the sync kept falling out, but that was easily solved by wrapping my headband around the back and sliding the cable underneath to hold it in place) 


I did struggle with focusing the images at first and it took my a while to work out but I eventually got my eyes adjusted to looking down into the lens to focus, and my final three images are all in focus. I think this may be something I will need to practice more with in the future so that when I am using models I can not worry about being in focus and only focus on posing the model and pressing the shutter.

No comments:

Post a Comment