Monday 27 January 2014

A Narrative ? uhhmm...


Ok so first off I should probably explain what " Narrative " actually is, to me it means a story, in photography  I think it would be letting your photographs come to life with a hidden story that the viewers create in their head. Every photograph will create a story in somebodies mind but to me the difference between photography and narrative photography is that they have been taken with the purpose of telling a designed / specific story, even though the stories people create themselves will not be exactly the same as we have all lived very different lives.

According to Wikipedia, Narrative is :

 " A narrative (or story) is any account of connected events, presented to a reader or listener in a sequence of written or spoken words, or in a sequence of (moving) pictures. " Here


The brief says the main theme behind our narrative is going to be " North East Stories " and this can be anything associated with the North East, so landscapes, places, landmarks, people living here such as strangers or people I know myself, self portraits, the brief is pretty much wide open however this makes it harder I feel as I am unsure about what should be the focus of my project.


No comments:

Post a Comment