Thursday 9 January 2014

Cropping and Printing


Digitalab

As I am sending my prints larger than A3 I will need to send them as tiff files with a 305 dpi. There are not many options with the choice of paper either glossy or matt, and then either with a border or without, personally I would prefer more options to be available as there are many more paper types to choose from

Print Space

I find this website is more user friendly as the options are easily seen across the top of the site plus the print and the delivery price is easily available before ordering anything.

Print Space price calculator (one print)

Delivery pricing

As my payment method would not be accepted on this website I ordered my prints through a friend while she was ordering hers, this meant that she was ordering 6 prints at once which gave us a discounted price (which comes in handy when surviving on a student budget.)

After looking at different professional printing labs websites such as Print Space and Digitalab I have decided to go with Print Space as they give me a price straight away before ordering and their delivery time is quicker than other sites.

I have decided to send the cropped version to the printing lab as then the three images look connected and as though they are a set. If I was going to be printing just the photo on it's own I would have left it as a full version, however I think this will look odd in comparison to the other two.

She shall be sending them to print today so that I shall get them back on Monday hopefully.






No comments:

Post a Comment