Wednesday 8 January 2014

Capture One


Capture One user interface
For my session that I have created for this project I imported all the RAW files from each shoot so that I can compare them together on the screen (see above)

At first when I was sorting the files out I five starred each image that was successful but as I narrowed down my choice of final images I removed the fifth star from each one that is not in my final selection (this is so that I can still compare them by using the "Smart Album" system to view four star and higher rated images)

Smart Album pop up window

I then sharpened all of my final images so that the detail was clear and sharp, but not over sharpened so that they look "crunchy" (as my tutor described it) 


Some of the tools available
These tools are only a small selection of the ones available however these are the main ones I used for this project. I changed the exposure slightly as not all of the images had the same exposure so I changed it to make them feel more like a set, I also changed the brightness and saturation on one of the images to remove a slight magenta cast, however I was struggling with doing this until I was shown how to use the white balance tool (this worked so much easier than what I was doing - not surprisingly!)

White Balance slider

No comments:

Post a Comment